Who were the previous Eurovision Song Contests winners?
Dating back to 1956, this contest has become one of the most popular media events ever.Over 600 million viewers tuned in last year to see their country’s representative sing their heart out. Ireland has won the most since its inception with 7 victories, followed by Britain with 5. There is no restriction on the nationality of performers ironically, thus French-Canadian Celine Dion’s victory for Switzerland of all places back in 1988. See the official site at www.eurovision.tv
|2003||Turkey||Sertab Erener||Everyway That I Can|
|2002||Latvia||Marie N (Marija Naumova)||I Wanna|
|2001||Estonia||Tanel Padar, Dave Benton, & 2XL||Everybody|
|2000||Denmark||Olsen Brothers||Fly On The Wings Of Love|
|1999||Sweden||Charlotte Nilsson||Take Me To Your Heaven|
|1997||United Kingdom||Katrina and the Waves||Love Shine A Light|
|1996||Ireland||Eimear Quinn||The Voice|
|1994||Ireland||Paul Harrington & Charlie McGettigan||Rock ‘n Roll Kids|
|1993||Ireland||Niamh Kavanagh||In Your Eyes|
Courtesy of: www.eurovisionsong.info
- The world’s largest collection of musical instruments is located in Brussels, Belgium at the Musee des Instruments de Musique. Entrance is only 5 euro adults/3.5 discounted.
MMIM, Musee des Instruments de Musique- Rue Montagne de la Cour 2, B-100 Bruxelles, Belgique. Email: [email protected] or Website: www.mim.fgov.be
- Don Giovanni, Carmen, The Barber of Seville, and The Marriage of Figaro were all set in the city of Seville, Spain.
- The Vienna Boys Choir sing mass every Sunday morning at the Burgkapelle of the Hofburg Palace starting at 9:15 am.
- The hotel where Micheal Jackson dangled his kid over the balcony on …. Is the ultra luxury Hotel Adlon just inside the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin, Germany
- The Cumberland Hotel in London was the site of guitar legend Jimi Hendrix’ famed overdose from barbiturates on September 18, 1970