Where are some of the most famous artists’ residences and museums located?
- Rembrandt’s House- Here he lived for over 20 years (1639-1658). The museum is complete with over 250 etchings.
- Address: Jodenbreestraat 4, 1011 NK Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Tel: (+31) 20 520 0400
- Hours: Open every day from 10 am-6:00 pm
- Marc Chagall National Museum- The Marc Chagall National Museum is a French national museum that's dedicated to the work of painter Marc Chagall.
- Address: Avenue du Docteur Menard 06000 Nice, France
- Tel: (+33) 04 93 53 87 20
- Hours: Open every day from 10 am-6:00 pm (except Mondays)
- Musee Rodin - Houses The Thinker, The Kiss, and many other of his masterpieces.
- Location: 77 Rue de Varenne, 75007 Paris, France (7th Arrondissement)
- Tel: (+33) 1 44 18 61 10.
- Hours: 9:30 am-5:45 pm in summer (till 4:45 in winter). Closed Mondays
- Musee Delacroix - An art museum dedicated to painter Eugène Delacroix.
- Location: 6 Rue de Furstemberg, 75006 Paris, France
- Tel: (+33) 1 44 41 86 50
- Joan Miro Foundation- Located in Barcelona atop Montjuic, hundreds of works of this great Catalan surrealist are represented here.
- Location: Parc de Montjuic 08038 Barcelona
- Tel: (+34) 934 439 470.
- Hours: 10 am-8 pm
- Musee Magritte - A museum in Brussels, Belgium, dedicated to the surrealist artist René Magritte's work.
- Location: Place Royale 1, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium
- Tel: (+32) 2 508 32 11
- Hours: Tuesday-Friday open from 10 am-5 pm. Saturday and Sunday are open from 11 am-6 pm. Closed on Mondays.
- Musee Maillol in Paris - The museum was established in 1995 by Dina Vierny, a former model for sculptor Aristide Maillol. The museum contains the works of Maillol, including his drawings, paintings, sculptures, decorative art, original plaster, and terra-cotta work.
- Location: 59-61 Rue de Grenelle, 75007 Paris, France.
- Tel: (+33) 1 42 22 59 58
- Hours: Every day except Wednesday is open from 10:30 am- 6:30 pm. Wednesday hours are 10:30 pm- 10 pm.
- Musee Gustave-Moreau in Paris - An art museum dedicated to the works of Symbolist painter Gustave Moreau. The collection consists of more than 10,000 works of art.
- Location: 14 Rue de la Rochefoucauld, 75009 Paris, France.
- Tel: (+33) 1 83 62 78 72
- Hours: Every day except Tuesday is open from 10 am- 6 pm. Closed on Tuesdays.
- Eduardo Chillida’s Museo Chillida Leku, located in Hernani, Spain, features over 50 years' worth of the famed sculptor’s large scale-pieces in iron marble carefully placed on the grounds of his Zabalaga farmhouse.
- Location: Jauregi Bailara, 66, 20120 Hernani, Gipuzkoa, Spain
- Tel: (+34) 943 33 59 63
- Hours: Every day except Tuesday and Wednesday are open from 10 am- 6 pm. Closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- The Paul Klee Centre - Located in Bern, Switzerland, and slated to open in 2005, will house the world’s largest collection of his work.
- Location: Monument im Fruchtland 3, 3000 Bern, Switzerland.
- Tel: (+41) 31 359 01 01
- Hours: Every day except Monday is open from 10 am- 5 pm. On Mondays, they're closed.
- Musee Jean-Cocteau - Established by the artist himself and features much of his work.
- Location: Quai Napoléon III, 06500 Menton, France
- Tel: (+33) 4 89 81 52 50
- Hours: Open every day except Tuesdays, from 10 am–12:30 pm and 2 pm –6 pm. They're closed on Tuesdays.
- In Nuremberg, Germany, the Albrecht Dürer's House was Albrecht Durer’s home from 1509 till his death in 1528. At the same time, it doesn’t have a great deal of his work; it an insightful glimpse into the artist’s life.
- Location: Albrecht-Dürer-Straße 39, 90403 Nürnberg, Germany
- Tel: (+49) 911 2312568
- Hours: Monday-Friday are open from 10 am-5 pm. On Saturday and Sunday, the hours are 10 am-6 pm.
- Edvard Munch Museum - Boasting the largest collection of his works with over 1,100 paintings, 4,500 drawings, and 18,000 prints donated to the city by Scandi’s most famous visual artist himself (1863-1944). Munch is buried in Oslo'sVar Freslers Gravland (Our Savior's Cemetery)
- Location: Edvard Munchs Plass 1, 0194 Oslo, Norway
- Tel: (+47) 23 49 35 00
- Hours: On Wednesday- Saturday they're open from 10 am- 9 pm. Sunday- Tuesday they're open from 10 am- 6 pm.