What are the busiest airports in Europe?
The busiest airports in Europe based on passenger traffic were:
- London Heathrow Airport (LHR), United Kingdom: Located in London, Heathrow is one of the busiest airports in Europe and serves as a major international gateway.
- Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG), France: CDG is the largest airport in France and a significant hub for both domestic and international flights.
- Amsterdam Schiphol Airport (AMS), Netherlands: Schiphol is a major European hub known for its efficient operations and extensive international connections.
- Frankfurt am Main Airport (FRA), Germany: Frankfurt is one of the largest and busiest airports in Europe and serves as a major hub for both domestic and international flights.
- Istanbul Airport (IST), Turkey: IST is the main international airport serving Istanbul and is one of the fastest-growing airports in Europe.
- Madrid-Barajas Adolfo Suárez Airport (MAD), Spain: Madrid-Barajas is the largest and busiest airport in Spain and a key gateway to the Iberian Peninsula.
- Barcelona-El Prat Airport (BCN), Spain: Barcelona-El Prat is the second-largest airport in Spain and an important hub for travel to Catalonia.
- Munich Airport (MUC), Germany: Munich Airport is the second-largest airport in Germany and a significant European hub.
- Rome Leonardo da Vinci-Fiumicino Airport (FCO), Italy: Fiumicino is the largest and busiest airport in Italy and serves as a major gateway to Rome.
The rankings may have changed due to various factors, including the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on travel patterns. For the most current information, it's advisable to consult up-to-date sources or official airport authorities.