What are the best places to take in the view of Paris?
This is a great question with tons of options. We recommend seeing several of the below locations and deciding for yourself. Also note, “the” place to get that perfect photo of the Eiffel Tower is undoubtedly atop the steps of the Trocadero, not the Champ de Mars. After that, the best views are debatably fun to explore on your own.
- Sacre Couer Steps- Located on the highest point in the city, the steps leading up to Sacré-Cœur and the basilica's dome offer stunning views of Paris, particularly at sunset.
- Arc d’Triumphe - Fee for entry. Definitely book well in advance due to large crowds.
- Eiffel Tower- The iconic symbol of Paris, the Eiffel Tower offers breathtaking panoramic views of the city from its various observation decks. Fee for entry. Definitely book well in advance due to large crowd.
- Tour Montparnasse- has an observatory on the 56th floor and an open-air terrace on its 59th floor. Benefits: you're 210 meters above Paris and can see up to a 40 km radius on a clear day and your inside which means lousy weather won’t affect you.
- Parc des Buttes-Chaumont: This park in the 19th arrondissement offers a more relaxed and natural setting to enjoy views of the city, including a temple on an island in a lake.
- Cruising along a romantic Bateau boat ride down the Seine. One of the nicer operators is Bateaux Parisiens.
- La Grande Arche de la Defense with its 110 M high viewpoint. Open every day from 10 am to 7 pm.
- Pantheon Dome- The dome of the Pantheon in the Latin Quarter offers a beautiful view of Paris, with landmarks like the Eiffel Tower and Sacré-Cœur visible on the horizon.
- Seine River Cruises- Taking a boat cruise along the Seine River provides a unique perspective of many of Paris' landmarks, including the Eiffel Tower, Notre-Dame, and Louvre.
- Parc de Belleville is another park with excellent views. Parc de Belleville in the 20th arrondissement, offers a unique vantage point of Paris.