How many Jews were there before WWII versus today?
|Belgium||65,000 (by 1939)||42,000|
|Germany||500,000 in 1933 (239,000 by 1939)||60,000|
*note Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia
- Jewish Historical Museums now exist in numerous cities across Europe including Berlin, Amsterdam (www.jhm.nl), London (www.jewishmuseum.org.uk)
- The survivor’s registry at the US Holocaust Memorial Museum (www.ushmm.org)
- For more info about unsung heroes of WWII such as:
- Oskar Schindler
- Irena Sendler who personally helped save an estimated 2,500 Jewish babies and children from the Nazi controlled ghetto in Warsaw during the Holocaust see irenasendler.org
- Chiune Sugihara, the Japanese Consul Generla in Lithuania, who issued over 2,000 transit visas for persecuted Jews.